Securing Planning Consent
Our team has an excellent track record of successful planning applications for large scale solar projects.
We will proactively manage your planning applications including undertaking planning feasibility studies, arranging pre-application meetings with local authorities and carrying out extensive community consultation.
Our services include:
- Liaison with you and/or the distribution network operator (DNO) to confirm size of scheme and associated constraints.
- Preliminary design work to provide layout and confirm land take.
- Reviewing local planning policy and using this to shape both engagement work and the overall scheme.
- Issuing environmental impact assessment (EIA) screening opinion letter and management of any EIA requirements.
- Specialist reports including landscape and visual impact (with photomontages where required), flood risk assessment, transport and construction management, ecology studies, statement of community engagement, agricultural land classification reports, archaeology and heritage assessments, sequential tests and any further studies required by the local planning authority.
- Consultation with district and parish councils and any other key stakeholders.
- Public exhibitions and consultations.
- Preparation of all documents required for the planning application including the planning statement and design and access statement.
- Attendance at planning meetings and planning committee.
- Design modifications resulting from the outputs of reports etc.
- Management of pre-commencement planning conditions.
- Managing community infrastructure levy (CIL) and Section 106 negotiations.
- On-going dialogue with planning department until the point of project completion.